Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Best Day of My Life


May 30, 2009 was the best day of my life. On this beautiful Saturday afternoon I married the man of my dreams. I woke up about 8:30am and I was still very sleepy. You see, we had an amazing rehearsal dinner and didn't go to sleep until 2 or 3 in the morning. The rehearsal dinner was at a little Mexican restaurant called, Salsarita's. We had great food, karaoke, and a lot of dancing! That was probably my 2nd favorite day of my life. So, I was still very sleepy and really wanted to go back to sleep but I was so excited and nervous about the day that I couldn't. Plus I had a hair appointment at 11:00, make-up appointment at 12:30pm and a lot of other things to do! After I went to all of my appointments all the bridesmaids met up at my house at 3:00pm to start taking photo's. We had an amazing photographer, John Wrightenberry, who got there at 3 as well. Just having all of my wonderful friends in my house felt so good. We were all there having a great time. Our hummer limousine thing came to pick us up at 4:00pm. I felt so good as I walked with all of my beautiful friends to the limousine. The weather was so nice. It felt like 80 degrees with a nice breeze and the sun was shining! We piled in the limo and headed to the church. I tried to just take a deep breathe and take it all in! I knew this would be the best day of my life. We arrived to the church about 20 minutes before the wedding started. Everyone looked so beautiful! We took a few more pictures and the florist handed us our gorgeous flowers. The flowers were one of the best parts of the wedding! They truly were amazing! My matron of honor, and my sister ( what I really think of her as) bought a blue locket and put a picture of mom in it. She attached the locket to my bouquet and as I walked down the isle that is who I thought about, my mom. The tears started to come as I was about half way down the isle. Well ( I'm lying) the tears actually came in the limo on the way to the church. The radio was on a fast, up beat song and then some one changed it to a slow, emotional song and I started crying! =) But I guess the real tears, the I really wish my mom could be here tears came as I got half way down the isle. I kept telling myself over and over that she was here. For all I know she was sitting on the first isle or standing beside Patrick and I. I knew she was there in spirit. The church just had this feeling about it. It was so calming and warm. I felt so safe up there with Patrick. We said our vows and I continued to cry (happy tears of course), people sang, and bible versus were read. It was a beautiful ceremony and I wouldn't have changed a single thing! The wedding started at 5:30pm and by 6:15pm we were Mr. and Mrs. Alsup. 
Now, on to the reception. We had the reception at Riverbanks Botanical Gardens! It was BEAUTIFUL!!! We entered Magnolia Hall ( the room the reception was in) and my eyes lit up! There were HUGE flower arrangements of beautiful flowers on all 10 tables, candles lit on every table, perfectly arranged slip covers with bows that looked and matched my colors to a-t, and a  BIG, beautiful, white wedding cake with our initial in it, A. I was so surprised at how amazing everything looked. I guess you expect things to go wrong and they do but just forget about them and move on! I danced my little heart out and I think everyone else did too!! We ate, drank ( my little Get Your AL-SUP and dance concoction), and we were VERY MERRY!! 
The only thing that we didn't really organize was how we were going to get home! I just thought we would drive home and stay at our house. Honestly I was so tired of planning stuff I just didn't want to think about it! haha! Well, our awesome friends arranged for another limo to pick us up and to take us to the Whitney Hotel to stay the night! We were so shocked and so happy! This just put the icing on the cake! We are truly blessed to have the most wonderful friends! Thank you for everything you do for us! We love you!!

May 30, 2009 was the best of my life for many reasons. I married an amazing man who is honest, compassionate, caring, giving, and would do anything in the world for me! I spent the evening with people who love and care about Patrick and I more than anything in the world! We were surrounded by nothing but love and we felt every minute of it! My entire family was there watching and supporting me every step of the way! I LOVE YOU ALL MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER KNOW! I wish this day for everyone and can't wait for another day like this one! I love you Patrick! I've always loved you and always will!

1 comment:

  1. You made me cry with this post!!! It was so sweet! I am so happy you had such a great wedding. I just wish I could have been there! Your blog looks awesome by the way!

    ReplyDelete