Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ethan's Coming Home!!!

This was such a GREAT day!!! My baby was coming HOME!!! We were so happy to find out that afternoon that we could take our baby home! Although Ethan did not pass the sleep study test ( he still had dips in his oxygen level when asleep) we were told we could take him home with a sleep apnea monitor. Before we could leave we had to learn all about the monitor. This was a little scary! During the teaching session I started thinking..um maybe he should just stay here at the hospital. Maybe that would be safer. Let me tell you why. There are 2 alarms that could go off. The first one is a steady beep this means his leads or sticky things on his belly have come off aka something is wrong with the monitor. The second alarm is a beeping noise on and off. This alarm means either he has stopped breathing for 20 seconds or more or his heart rate has dropped below 100. I know, 20 seconds!!!! So after learning about this monitor I was a little nervous about bringing Ethan home! It took me about 1-2 weeks to get used to this monitor and not freak out every time it went off. It went off about twice a day in the beginning (always the sleep apnea alarm. never the heart rate alarm) but now ( a month later) it rarely goes off. By the way, it sounds like a house alarm going off! Talk about a heart attack!!! I'm surprised the neighbors can't hear it! At the end of the day I'm glad we had the monitor to ease my mind and it allowed us to bring Ethan home when we did. Thankfully Ethan is doing well and the alarms don't go off anymore!
Here's some photo's of us before leaving the hospital and one on our way out of the hospital!! (YAY!)





No comments:

Post a Comment